68,000 Americans die because they can’t afford healthcare. Every year.
The underlying problem is that our healthcare system is driven by profit, instead of what’s best for people. Health insurance companies decide who lives and who dies.
In Congress, I will fight to:
- Reduce the cost of pharmaceuticals by allowing for the importation of drugs from Canada and for Medicare to negotiate for lower drug prices on behalf of American workers.
- Include dental and vision in Medicare for All.
- Ensure your complete freedom to choose your doctor, dentist, and other providers, without worrying whether they're in-network. With single-payer health care, they're all in-network!
- Eliminate co-pays and deductibles, so you can go to the doctor when you’re sick without worrying about how you’ll pay for it.
- Include mental health treatment in Medicare for All.
- Ensure the Veterans Affairs health system and the Indian Health Services continue to operate as they do now.
- Reduce the costs of healthcare in the United States while increasing the quality of care.
- Ensure you never have to choose between your rent/mortgage and your medications.
- Include drug and alcohol treatment in Medicare for All, so alcoholics and addicts get the help they need, when they need it.
- Make sure that those who can afford it may pay for supplemental coverage, such as cosmetic surgery, not covered under Medicare for All.